Monday, August 30, 2010

Papier Mache Halloween Witch Boot



Well, as you can see, I've made another paper mache witch boot. I have to say I think the shape of this boot is an improvement, and the best so far. I tried a few new things on this one. For one, it is two-toned green with orange. The addition of the buckle, which is new, was an annoyance to work around that kept getting in the way of my painting and the lacing. And, since the toe didn't curl around as much as my first one, my SO helped me with the suggestion of a swirl shape, which I made of beads on wire.

The scene on this boot was inspired by a story the new owner mentioned about how she named her farm. Her husband had bought her a 15ft willow tree as a gift, which disappeared shortly after it was planted. They thought it might have been stolen as a prank or something, but later found that a beaver had cut it down and dragged it off. How crazy is that?! She also raises her own sheep, goats and chickens, so I tried to include them in the scene, as well. Though, I think my sheep looks more like a small calf. :)





The evil beaver after the aftermath. :)



I added the initials "MW" in the center of the buckle for "Missing Willow". My daughter helped me make some more "fiendship pin" to hang on the laces.



I'm thinking of trying to make a few more boots to offer in my etsy store for those who want to purchase one. I'm having so much fun with these, I'd like to make some more of the mini-sized ones and perhaps some low-top shoes, as well. Wish me luck!

Back to the main swap page

2 comments:

Hopblogger said...

These boots are truly awesome! You are a very talented lady!

mieljolie said...

Thanks! You're too kind.

Mieljolie